Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Another embarassing moment

So it is NOT as embarassing as the toilet (See January and "Too Funny Not to Share")but still a blonde moment for sure!
Saturday night there was a Regional Women's broadcast with Sister Thompson, Sister Dalton and Sister Eslpin (in the General RS, YW & Primary presidencies) Anyhow, I went and enjoyed it SO much! (quick condensed version...) Afterwards I went out and visited with a few sisters in the parking lot. Went to get in my car, turned the key, nothing happened. Lights on the panel lite up, but no noise. So I tried again....nothing. Got in my trunk for my handy dandy jumper packet. Jumped the car....nothing. So I ran inside and grabbed stake president counselor. President Wadsworth tried jumping it with cables.....nothing. Not a click, not a nothing! Lights came on, that is all. So Kim drove a car there, too. They let me drive it home. Sunday came and went. Monday I ran to Reno (in the Wadsworth's car...THANK YOU!) to take Comptyn to the allergist. Kevin and James went down to work on the car. Both of them tried multiple things. Long story short.....Car will not start if it is in reverse!
Hey....I'd rather have an embarassing moment than one that is expensive! Lesson learned! Wadsworths were blessed for helping up. We came out minus a banana bread. I can handle that! Thanks Kim and James for all your help!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Yep. I would probably have similar stories to tell, but luckily my car won't let me take my key out unless it's in park, so don't feel too bad. The first time I struggled to get my key out and was really getting worried before I figured out what the problem was. Glad you got it figured out!

Amy said...

I forgot that! I couldn't get hte key out! So when Wadsworths let me take their car, President Wadsworth undid the key ring leaving the key in the ignition. My car also wont' lock with the key in the ignition. I think we locked if from the passenger side or something. Crazy day!

kate said...

No stinkin' way!!! That is hilarious, thanks for sharing!

agratefulheart said...

Such fun! :) I'm glad it was a quick fix!