Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Funnies & Faith of an 8 year old.....

My Nathan cracks me up sometimes. So a few days ago the kids had a late night the night before. I told them they were going to bed early if they didn't start talking nicer, treating each other better, etc. I told them they were tired and just plain grumpy! Nathan (without missing a beat and just like he had an 'a-ha' moment) says, "So that's what's wrong with you and dad." Stifling my laugh I then said, "No, you guys just do things to make us have to yell at you!" Then we all laughed. He is a funny boy.

This morning as I was opening curtains in the house.....let me back up. Sunday was Fast Sunday (the 1st Sunday of the month where we go with out 2 meals and donate a generous offering to the church to help those in need. We also couple it with a prayer to ask for things we need or others need.) Our stake asked us to fast for moisture in our area since we are in a draught. This was Nathan's 1st Fast Sunday as he just turned 8. We ask our children to fast 1 meal until they are 12 and then they will fast the 2. Anyhow, Nathan was amazing! He never complained about stomach pains or being thirsty. So I opened curtains up this morning and the sky was dark! Snow clouds! I said, "Looks like Heavenly Father is going to give us some moisture today like we asked for." Nathan then makes this gesture by pulling his elbow into his side and hand in a fist....usually accompanied by a "YES!" But as he does it he said, "ALL RIGHT! My first fast worked!" I was grateful for that little confirmation of faith sent to Nathan so early in his "fasting career". I thanked Heavenly Father.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

So sweet!

daughter1 said...

It is wonderful when our prayers are answered, and especially when one really notices. Good for Nathan!

daughter1 said...

It is wonderful when our prayers are answered, and especially when one really notices. Good for Nathan!