So Monday (the day after Christmas) was the end of the 2 week incubation period for chicken pox in our house. I checked Daniel, he was clear. Then why am I sitting in Palo Alto, CA at 2:12 am with a son with chicken pox? Yep! Daniel has the chicken pox! We will meet with the doctors in the morning. He is in isolation and we are hunkered down for the long hall, but hopefully not too long! He is scabbed over, yet there are a few new ones, so who knows how long we will be here. He will have an anti-viral IV put in to stop the spread of the pox. Won't get rid of existing ones, but prevents more from growing.
Dumb me can only think about December 30th....starting our $3000 deductible (I thought it was $5000, but STILL!) and then as of 1/1/12 we start it all over again! But as long as he is healthy! That is all worth it!
Well, we are off to bed! IV is in and we are tired! More news tomorrow!
PS Any prayers you would like to throw Daniel's way would be grately appreciated, too! :-)
3 days ago

3 comments:
Prayers for Daniel and you. Hang in there!!!
We will be praying for you. I am so sorry! Is there anything we can help with? Do you want us to check on your house while you gone, do you need help with the boys, dinner when you get back ...anything? Let us know:)
Oh, man--that's touch. Schank's are praying!
Post a Comment