Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mavala

Anyone who knows what that means knows we are trying to get Sammy to stop sucking his thumb. We are about 30 hours into it and he is doing great! I thought last night was going to be hard be he sucks while he sleeps but he said he never did. He has a sticker chart and gets a pillow pet when he has gone so many days without sucking. Then we get orthodontics bills to correct the underbite. I would love hear some of your experiences......length of time, successful and failed ideas, etc.

3 comments:

April said...

We ended up taking Katie to the dentist and having an appliance put in her mouth to make her stop at age 6. I've had other friends who've used the bribery method. One of our friends bribed their daughter with a trampoline and that worked. Good luck!!

Janie said...

Hey, I saw your blog address at the end of an email and thought I'd stalk you! I am anxious to get a better view into the life of the Lords' :)

Janie said...

P.S. No good advice. We have never had a thumb sucker.