So I came out of hte gym today and was talking with my friend who was sitting in her car. My van was on the next set of cars over. So they twins wanted to load up in the van so I gave Sammy my keys and looked for cars and he went across the road part and to the van. Daniel stayed a second and then started over. A car was turing right to come down our aisle. This 60+ year old man stopped, rolled down his windows and yelled at me, "Why are you letting your kids run around like ants in the parking lot? Are you stupid?" To which my big mouth replied, "They aren't running around and and yes, I guess I am stupid!" So he swung around and parked kiddie corner to my van....on my driver's side. I am done talkign with Terra, so get the kids in the car and see he is hanging out by his car. Terra sees it too and calls me back. I go get in my van and he is walking down to the back of my car, obviously to get my license plate number. He said, "You are as dumb as a rock letting your kids behave like that." I could tell he was checking out the back of my car and said to him, "Well if you feel that way, then why don't you report me." To which he said, "I just might do that!" and walked into the gym. (GREAT! Might see him again!)
I so badly wanted to ask him if he took his prunes this morning or who peed in his prunes if he DID happen to take them. Something! But I kept my mouth shut.....well most of the way shut!
I know I am not a great mother. I have a lot of room for improvement, but when perfect strangers say something to me about my kids and I totally disagree with them, I get SO MAD! If all 6 of my kids were running around the parking lot, that would be one thing. But 2 kids, one of who was waiting for him to drive by and Sammy who ran over a few seconds before he even got there....WHATEVER! So I called Kevin on the way home and he calmed me down.
So this is what I plan on doing.....I am going to make some cookies for my family and Make Their Day! Think of something you can do to make someone's day, too! It's always better to Make than Break their day! Which he didn't do either....for too long!
I better pick up a little.....the police might come by today!
Have a great day!
PS I found this shirt I might give him as a present!
4 comments:
I once had an old lady yell at me the most foulest swear words, because I did not move out of a parking space fast enough - even though she was trying to turn into it the wrong way and was blocking my exit. IT WAS THE SAME PARKING LOT! I always wonder what happened in these rude/repulsive people's lives that they act that way, then I feel sorry for them, and (like you) think about my happy family. That sad, bitter old man probably has no one that loves him.
Aren't grouchy people annoying! What an awful way to live--with a dark cloud hovering over your head all the dang time.
I think you did very well. I would have sweetly smiled and said, "I must be to let them anywhere near a grouchy old man behind a wheel!"
Why do people feel they have the right to yell at strangers? Their mothers must have not taught them to be nice.
A lady yelled at me while I was driving yesterday and it made me cry. She was mean.
Hmmm, I have a feeling this is the same old man who was giving me trouble at the gym as well. He was told he was on his last chance. Maybe we can finally get him booted! He is very disrespectful to women.
Post a Comment