3 days ago
Thursday, December 2, 2010
I am thankful for.......
OK, so this isn't what you are thinking it's going to be about. I have yet to put our Thanksgiving on here. I will soon. But we have had an unusual week this week. Our nephew, who has been struggling with depression for years, put an end to that struggle on Monday. We are leaving tomorrow for Utah to attend his funeral. His mother is an amazing woman! She HAS to be an elect lady to go thru this again. (Her husband was killed 12 years ago, now her son.) Cole was 28 years old and married to Lindsey. I have had all week to think about how grateful I am for the Atonement. Not only for the fact that we will see Cole again someday and that he is with his father, but for the mercy that we recieve from our Savior. I know that Cole will be given mercy in this decision. I haven't heard anyone voice it yet, but I know I use to think that people who commit suicide have no hope of any kind of forgiveness for their actions. I am thankful that One who has experienced EVERYTHING we will ever go thru will be the one to stand by our side and extend that mercy when it comes to reporting our acts here on Earth. I am thankful for my Savior. I know He loves us all. I LOVE this time of year when things just seem a little more holier. A little more tender. A little more sacred. It's because of Him. Hope your holidays are safe and happy and filled with great memories with family and friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss.
Amy, I am so sorry. I know that our Savior loves each of us and knows our heart and desires. I know that nothing I can say will make this time easier. Just know that we love you and we will keep you and your family in our prayers.
Lori told me about your nephew earlier this week as the family lives in their ward. You've been on my mind all week and I am sorry for your family. It's interesting as I've worried about you all week you've been contemplating greater things. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. They strengthen all of us.
I'm so sad for you.
Wow so sorry to hear about your nephew. The Savior knows all...
I just read the post about Daniel! So exciting! You guys have been blessed and you guys have been a blessing for him in the way you have cared for him. Enjoy feeling a little more care free, Woo Hoo!
Thanks Amy, Your thoughts are so beautiful, wish I could write my feelings as well as you. Love you so much!
Post a Comment