Monday, September 28, 2009

Fruits of our labors!

Some catching up of miscellaneous things! Here we are a Lattin Farms for a HS soccer fund raiser. They served dinner and then had things for the family to do. Here we are in teh corn maze. We got lost! Then the girls helping us out....with the map....got lost. We eventually got out! But it took 55 minutes! It was fun, though. We had a good time in there. It just started getting dark.

The kids are riding the cow train. They put the twins in the back 2 seats....NOT a good idea! They never cried, but it was bumpy and kindof whipped them around. They didn't want to do it again.

Here Bryce decided to 'paint' the mirrow in the bathroom with our cherry tomatoes from the garden. WHY? I don't know. Bryce often doesn't have a reason for things he does.

One day I was inside the house and the 3 younger kids were in the front yard. All fo the sudden I hear Nathan yell, "Sammy, get away! I don't know what it is! It might KILL you!" I RAN outside to be met by Nathan running inside. I was picturing scorpian or something. It was a little gopher snake. We haven't seen any snakes around here, so I understand why he said that. We tried to catch it but it was fast!

Friday Denise and Joshua Youyels (as the twins call them)and Nathan, Daniel, Sammy and I went out to Lattin farms to pick raspberries. At $2 a pound I couldn't pass up some raspberry jam! The kids did good for about 1 hour. Then they were off in the pumpkin patch to catch grasshoppers and butterflies.

Daniel partook of "pickers privledge" and ate a lot of berries. OK....we all did, but his made it more on his face! It was a fun morning!

Here is the quilt I made for my CUTE nephew Connor. The picture looks darker than it did when I took it. So you can't really see the dark brown backing.

Here is my 'fruits of my labors!' I canned 20 quarts of pears.

9 1/2 pints of pear butter. (I have one pint that I had already given away.)

5 quarts of tomatoes from our garden and 5 pints of raspberry jam! YUMMY!

I love seeing canned foods on my counter!

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Ha, never ask "why" with kids, it's futile. And the mess is still there to clean up, even if they did have a good reason. :)

Mom, Wife, and, Student said...

Yeah! You made jam with your berries. I made Raspberry Cobbler, and 3 loaves or Raspberry Bread. The rest were eaten by the kids.