Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer Fun Update

Here are some things we have been doing lately over the last few days:


We went out to Perazzo Dairy. President Perazzo arranges the bales of hay in a maze. This year was a little different. There were 3 enterances and only 1 exit. We went out with the Coblentz and Youles families. It was a lot skinnier in places this year, I think. It is amazing (no pun intended) to me how President Perazzo does that! The whole thing covers (my guess) about 1/2 a football field. It was fun! Then we walked over to the calves and watched some getting milked. We were able to feed the calves....the kids (and adults) had a great time!


This is the outise of the maze. HUGE!

This is inside....notice how narrow the passages are...there are even narrower ones. You have to turn sideways to get down them. There are some places that are totally dark and you have to use your hands to get to a corner and then you see light at the end of that passage. Bryce kindof got freaked out a few times.

Nathan putting a bottle up to feed.

Daniel putting a bottle up to feed.

Then later that night we were invited over to our friend's house...the Sommer family. We had a fire and roasted marshmallows....s'mores! YUM! The kids played in the yard and adults sat around and visited. It was nice and relaxing....when my kids weren't throwing plums at each other!


Yesterday (Tuesday) Kevin went with the YM over to Auburn, CA to go white water rafting on the North Fork of the American River. He had a lot of fun! There were not any injuries and only a few went overboard.

So while he was gone, the Coblentz family and the kids and I went up to Squaw Valley (which I have fallen completely and totally in LOVE with!) and hiked. (1960 Olympics were held here.....I can get a .62 acre lot for $200,000....someday when I am rich!) Anyhow, it was a beautiful area! Waterfalls, grantie rock, lush forests.....We never did make it up to Shirley Lake, but someday we will get there.







So after coming home and bathing.....we had FILTHY kids....which means they had lots of fun!.....Sister Harrigan came by and brought 2 of her 6 week old puppies by for the boyz to see. They were such cute puppies! I am glad I am allergic to animals....otherwise I'd have a TON!

So that has been our last 2 days! We are going swimming at the pool today and we'll see where the rest of the week takes us! Hope you are all having a great summer, too!

5 comments:

Ladyfox said...

I love how active your family is. I think good memories are made when we are busy doing great things. The hay maze is fun. Everyone loves roasted mallows. And, who couldn't love the mountains and the trees? We loved having your family over. Thanks for playing with us.

Greg and Taya said...

You have been busy! I remember going to the farm and maze! Makes me kind of miss Fallon.

terra said...

Davis and I will be in Tahoe next week. I will have to chat with you about where you went. We plan in doing some hiking too.

Valerie said...

One of our first activities in Fallon was to corn maze! Oh man did Carter love seeing to cows too! You have been busy! So Fun!

Laura A said...

Are you possibly related to Mona Haroldsen Lords from Duvall? She was in my wedding 16 years ago. I'd love to say hello.

If so, could you please point her to my blog www.poormissfinch.com so she can contact me? Thanks so much, Laura Adams