Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Daniel's Medical Expenses 2008

OK, so call me a sadist, but I love to add up Daniel's medical expenses each year. I was looking forward to this year's especially! Transplants are not cheap! So I have 2 lists below. First, his entire years worth of medical expenses and then just his tranplants. I am still getting things everyday from our insurance, so I am sure I am still missing some numbers. But as to date, here are the numbers:

2008 TOTAL:

Amt billed insurance: $570,972.54
Amt ins wrote off (won't pay): $293,994.69
Amt paid by ins: $273,704.05


TRANSPLANT EXPENSES:

Amt billed insurance: $535,172.04
Amt ins wrote off: $276,614.72
Amt paid by ins: $259,902.94

Then our total out for just copays, deductibles and out of pockets was about $6000. SO say what you want about insurance, but I am VERY grateful we have it! And I apologize to all the members of the school district who will probably have their rates go up because of Daniel! To us, it will be worth it! So see why I like to number crunch? Incredible, huh? I hope my boys grow up to be doctors!

3 comments:

mom said...

Not only a miracle boy, but also a million $ boy.

Ladyfox said...

I love number crunches too.

Mom, Wife, and, Student said...

Those figures are just amazing. Got to love insurance. And $6000 is just what you paid for medical. I'd be curious what you spent in gas! LOL Well I guess you didn't always drive the big van.