Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Daniel's last labs

Just an update on Daniel's labs. They were drawn Monday morning and I ran out of time yesterday. I started our taxes! FUN! Anyhow, his creatine was at 0.6 which is right where it should be. His magnesium (which is what they decreased to hopefully help the diarrhea) was at 2.1 Range should be 1.9-2.4 Blood draw before decreasing mag was 1.9. So we are very happy that it didn't decrease and actually rose. I have gotten some almonds and cashews for him to supplement. And we'll start putting spinach in things. Like our meatloaf tonight! We'll see if anyone notices. Doubt it! We won't get his prograf level back until probably Friday. They have to mail that one off. But his last draw it was high at 7.4 and they want it closer to 5. So we decreased his Prograf again. We have learned that is just a yo-yo game. We'll have to pray it stabilizes, because when it does, Daniel can go longer between blood draws!
Potty training is going OK. Daniel's diarrhea hasn't stopped. The morning was is still really bad, but by the evening it's a little better. So today I got some baby food bananas and diluted it with milk. Then I bolus fed him (sucked it up with a syringe and put it down his feeding tube) It took about 20 minutes, but I am hoping that it will help. I think I will do it at night and it will counter the mag in his feeds at night. Other than that, Sammy tells us when he pees. We can tell when he goes off to poop becuase he goes and hides. Daniel is telling us more that he has to go. He usually has 1 maybe 2 accidents a day. The diarrhea means he stays in a diaper until about noon.

No comments: