Monday, May 7, 2012

Daniel's Eye, Nathan's collar bone and the Kentucky Derby

I do not like change much. WHAT IS UP WITH THIS BLOG! Anyone that blogs on here will know they have changed the format. I am not too happy about this! I like my old ways! At any rate, here is a few new things: went visiting teaching a few weeks ago. 15 minutes into our visit, the ladies 2nd son (age 4) fell and split his forehead open. His father took him to ER. 10 minutes later, Daniel started SCREAMING! Looked in the back yard and blood was coming down his left eye. I don't do blood too well. Tried to remain calm. Apparently a rock was thrown and contected with his face. Got a great colorful black eye, few scratches. He was a blessed little boy. It could have hit his actual eye and hurt that.
Saturday night we were invited to a party at our friend's house. Last time they invited us to a party we ended up in the ER. (chicken pox with Daniel) Guess what happened this time? We ended up the ER with a broken collar bone - Nathan! Lesson learned: When overprotective mother says to stay on the road and don't ride your bike on the sand dunes down the street....OBEY! He was crushed when he was told baseball season was over. Literally cried more than the break.
On to the Kentucky Derby party. We got back from the ER, drugged Nathan, got ready and headed to the Koenig's. FUN TIME! Here are Kevin and I in our Kentucky Derby attire! It was fun to dress all up!
We have such great husbands, too, that humor us! Here is Kara's hubby in a wig, too!
Here are us girlies! I have such great friends! We are silly, fun and I just love them all! Thanks for the fun night!
PS My horses came in 10th and 19th. There were only 20 horses. Bummer! But still fun!

3 comments:

Mary said...

I love your white gloves. Cute party! I love themed parties. I'm bummed I didn't plan something for cinco de Mayo.

agratefulheart said...

Sorry to hear about all the accidents-better be careful what friends you visit! :) You are all so cute in your outfits. Have a great week!

The Fallon Schank's said...

What cute girls! (And so glad that everyone's injuries were minimal!)