Later that evening we went to Temple Square in Salt Lake City. If you have never been there, it is worth the trip! It seems like every branch on teh tree has a light on it. It is so beautiful! We haven't been in 5 years, so there have been some changes, too!

Kids in front of a light tree.

They had these lumiere bags all over Temple Square with different languages on them. You can see this one says 'Joy'. But I can't read the language.

These were GORGEOUS and if I could find some for my house, I would buy them! These had all different LDS scenes on them! Nativity, scripture stories, and other things. If I could find these to buy, I would be buy them for my house! SO beautiful!

This is the nativity that is 'floating' in the Reflection pond in front of the temple. There are little voltive candles that are floating around the nativity, too. So pretty!

So that was Thursday!
Friday Kevin's brother and his family came over the Provo. We started out at the BYU art museum. There is an exhibit by Carl Bloch. A lot of his art is used through out the Church. The first picture (sorry it's so small...maybe click on it so it will get bigger) was my favorite piece. Carries a lot of emotion for me. The second picture is one of his 'famous' pieces. It was neat.


We took the kids ice skating! Here are Ryan and I. NOPE! We never fell down! This is the first time any of the kids have ever gone, but their roller blade skills kicked in and they took off!

Comptyn.....

So Sammy and Daniel sitting outside the rink. Sammy took one trip around, Daniel kept going out periodically. Just look at how thrilled Sammy was! We were there for 2 hours, but he did pretty good, still.

Kevin....only fell down twice! Still had fun, though!

Bryce had such a blast!

Kevin & Daniel.

This rink was used in the 2002 US Olympics. It was a pretty neat place!

And of course, we went swimming when we got back to the hotel!
That was our fun Friday!

No comments:
Post a Comment