Monday, January 25, 2010

My birthday boy and a delicious recipe!

Nathan's birthday was on Saturday. He is my big 6 year old! I can't believe he is so old! Just seems like yesterday my deepest desire of carrying my own child came true! Poor little guy was sick, however! Here are some pictures of him laying on the ground with his barf bucket. The picture of him by his cake.....he blew out the candles and then went and threw up. Dumb thing was.....we all cut the cake and ate it! Hopefully we won't get sick. Of course, 3 other kids were sick all weekend, too!





So regardless of his sickness you can still see Nathan's ready smile, which lights up the room! He is such a big helper and still LOVES to cuddle on my lap! Happy Birthday!

OK so here is an AMAZINGLY delicious recipe we tried for the first time the other night! I am not exaggerating when I say that it is as good as dishes from Olive Garden! YUM!

Ravioli Casserole

1 pkg (25 oz) frozen cheese ravioli
1/4 C butter, cubed
1/4 C flour
1/4 t salt
1/4 t nutmeg (I thought about deleting....but it is really subtle!)
2 C milk
1/4 C veggie broth (I used chicken)
1/2 C mined fresh basil (I used dried and about 1 T)
3 C (12 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
3/4 C grated Parmesan cheese, deivided
2 1/2 C marinara or spaghetti sauce

*Cook ravioli to pkg directions. Do not overcook.
*Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and nutmeg until smooth; gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cooka nd stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the basil, 1 C mozzarella cheese and 1/4 C Parmesan cheese.
*Drain ravioli; toss with sauce mixture. Transfer to a greased 9x13 baking dish. Top with 1 C mozzarella cheese adn marinara sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Serves 8.

I doubled this and it made a HUGE 9x13 and HUGE 9x9! VERY DELICIOUS!!!!

No comments: